Willie

Willie
Little Angel, in hospital 5 years old.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Faith...what's faith...just a few thoughts not a whole sermon!

Life and death...the two guarantees in life for each and everyone of us. Well to be honest that's not entirely true as many who have been conceived do not know life outside their mothers womb...we had a little son that by-passed life as we know it and went direct to Heaven. When I was cuddling our little boy to say goodbye after he was stillborn - God spoke clearly to my heart.."Your time is not now but your time will be."

That was an enormous comfort to me and I look forward to saying Hi Ben...and watching him run to me with open arms calling "mum". Well this is my picture of Heaven, I dream of it often and it chokes me up..but I cannot even begin to imagine how it actually works and in what form we will be, but I do know that our souls will be together forever. It also gave me hope that if we were to be reunited with our son when it is our time, then surely that also applies to all the people you have loved on this earth..but then the complications and complexities of families is to great to imagine so as The Lord says in Isaiah 55 verse 8  "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways." Based on that I'm just going to trust that all will be good as He promises later in Revelation 21 verse 4 ""He will wipe away all tears from their eyes. There will be no more death, no more grief or crying or pain. The old things have disappeared." Therefore I am content to wait and see...I don't need to know the detail, and neither did Willie.

Imagine  trying to describe earth and colours, food, and people to a baby still in the womb? Exactly - so no point in anyone trying to describe the Heavenly realms. We can be assured of our place however if we believe in His son Jesus and the sacrifice He made on the cross so that we may be reconciled to God the Father. You may not share my take on that, you may have a different religion or are an atheist or agnostic. Whatever your beliefs or opinion it is certain that one day we will be somewhere else...'the hot place you don't get a suntan or Paradise' is how I felt led to describe our options a few years ago. You may have the belief that there is nothing at all beyond life. I respect every angle you may be coming from...the journey I'm going to share with you of a 7 year old with
special needs who would only take in 'bogey, digger and f***ting stories will be perhaps a little alien if you do not have a faith in Jesus.

Faith is believing in something we cannot see. We cannot see love but we feel and see the effects of love. We cannot see the wind but we can feel and see the effects of it. Both of these can be gentle, and both turbulent...God is Love ..we cannot see Him but we can feel His presence and see the effects of prayer, His Grace and His mercy.  He is steadfast and true, never changing like the wind, but holding us in the palm of His hand, walking with us in this fallen world. Gently leading us to eternity - however long and difficult the road may be.

Whilst reading these blogs I want to assure you that Willies faith was from deep within, a real personal connection to Jesus, although he couldn't read his own name or ever read one word of the Bible Willie had a profound Wisdom beyond his young years, and capacity to absorb God's love and guidance.  Even if it had been my desire to read chapter and verse or give him a daily sermon ..he
would not have listened beyond the first two words. He was acutely aware of my faith and we did thank Jesus for buskers etc we had prayed for..but no real depth or complicated detail came from me.

He therefore blew me away several times with his deep understanding and immense desire to meet Jesus face to face. His story is inspiring, brave, and beyond our human understanding. The evidence of Gods Grace was there for us to witness daily towards the end, right up to the precious moment this little boys wish and heartfelt desire came true and he was granted his long awaited 'wings'.

I hope those who do not believe in God  will still enjoy the story of one so little and yet so very brave, and yield just a little of the comfort Willie found invaluable on his journey home.

No comments:

Post a Comment