Willie

Willie
Little Angel, in hospital 5 years old.

Friday, January 10, 2014

Off to pray

Putting the phone down - the enormity of the situation swept over me - now what? Firstly to organise my sons - We have four and at the time they were aged from 14 down to 4 - and from memory (sadly not that good a memory now I'm 51) they were quite a rabble - mostly!

To have left the 14 year old in charge would have been as useful as asking Andrew the 4 year old to take care of his brothers. Simon the eldest confessed in his best mans speech to his brother Tom that he was the worlds leader in teasing techniques.

I will be honest I cannot remember what I did with them but I am certain either my ever patient and understanding husband must have come home from work early or some of my dear and willing friends took them in.

God calls...you go! By His amazing and infinite Grace life gets sorted around the request. The Lord has never let me down to date and I trust He never will. That's probably why I cannot recollect what happened as all I do remember is journeying north up the A34 hospital bound.

Praying on the way I pleaded with Jesus to go before me, with me and in me, I have wondered over the years why He asks me to go - it's such a huge privilege - and an honour - but I have to go in a His strength and by His Grace.

I parked the car and found my way round the maze of long corridors - The Radcliffe Infirmary was an old building - it is no longer there today - so some areas felt cold, antiquated and dark - then you would pass through an area undergone 'modernisation' which was usually a bright notice board or a new swing door.

The lift was small with a pull over door and very creaky - I remember thinking stairs would be a less claustrophobic option - might even get fit.

Entering Leopold ward I was greeted my a smiley lady also called Sue - who directed me to Willies bed. I don't know how people work without faith ...I had no idea what I was about to encounter..but I was confident that God did. And so I walked into the small ward of 4 beds smiling as compassionately as I could...stomach just a little 'churny' - I recognised Zoe instantly and I think I did give her a hug...what words are there?

I shook hands with David Willies dad and said hi to Willie

No comments:

Post a Comment